the power of one + ONe (PO1+1)
- The power for community members to collectively decide the direction of the neighborhood.
- Through this community engagement initiative, participants are provided an $100 monthly stipend to become resident leaders and organizers working to build power for themselves and their neighbors.
- Main responsibilities include attending monthly group meetings and leadership trainings, to engage in a series of one-to-one meetings discussing the community and its quality of life.
- Empowering the individual to empower the collective
- Creating sustainable community involvement beyond ASANDC
- Creating trust to create power
Crime Prevention and Civic Engagement: Central Corridor organization and advocacy.
- Co-foundation of the Central Corridor Equity Coalition
- Representation and activism on the Central Corridor Task Force and the Met Council Community Advisory Coalition
- Organizing / visioning for the Unidale Mall and other important lots on University Ave.
- Preservation of heritage along our corridors.
- Addressing neighborhood issues and block club building.
- Community Peace Celebration, the Neighborhood Peace Force, and the Peace Sanctuary.
For more information contact: